Who Are We Looking For?
- Progressive and radical South Asian LGBTQ young adults, ages 18-25, located in Southern California
Why Attend SoCal Solidarity?
- Share collective knowledge in an intergenerational space, fostering leadership among young adults
- Connect with like-minded peers and build a network of support
- Build awareness around social and political issues affecting your community
- Be inspired
What Will You Gain From Attending SoCal Solidarity?
- Skills to increase local capacity and community, including organizing and public speaking
- Tools to collectively heal and empower communities
- Language to speak about racial and economic injustice.
- Build relationships with peers and mentors supporting the inner strength and vision of South Asian LGBT young adults
Satrang in collaboration with South Asians for Justice-LA will be hosting a retreat for South Asian queer* and trans* youth this coming January 16-19, 2015!
The retreat will take place in Los Angeles, CA. For safety purposes the exact location will only be given to retreat participants.
When: January 16-19th, 2015
Who: Self-identified South Asian LGBT*QIA youth, between the ages of 18-25*
Costs: The retreat is FREE of charge. Rooming and board will be covered. If transportation is an issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*LGBT*QIA includes (but not limited to): Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, gender non-conforming, queer, questioning, intersex, and asexual identified individuals.
UPDATE: The 2015 Youth Retreat has already taken place. If interested in participating in the future, email: President@Satrang.Org