Apply to join the Satrang Board in 2023!
Satrang serves the South Asian LGBTQ community by promoting awareness, acceptance, and empowerment through social, educational, and advocacy-related events. We envision an inclusive and visible community in which South Asian LGBTQ-identified people feel whole and heard.
Key Attributes/Core Position Criteria
· Planning skills
· Communications skills (written and verbal)
· Understanding of issues effecting the South Asian LGBTQ community
· Ability to engage and build relationships with members
· Creative, collaborative, resourceful, tenacious team player
· Baseline knowledge of intersectional issues
· Enjoys engaging with various types of people and creating a welcoming and inclusive space.
· Propose and implement ideas for events and collaborate with other Board members to see events to fruition
· Ensure that events happen on time and within budget, and secure location for events
· Work to promote and recruit attendance for events
Benefits & Development Opportunities
· Personal growth and professional development, including:
o Managerial and project management skills
o Development of inclusive leadership skills and cultural competencies
· Time commitment ranges, but averages at about 10 to 15 hours per month, including the monthly Board meetings
· Tenure is two fiscal years
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.